We are always searching for personable, passionate and positive professionals to join our wonderful team. If you are looking for a flexible workplace that cares about your career development whilst understanding your self care needs then keep reading about what we have to offer!
Our clinic in Lane Cove is bright, fresh and inviting. Purposefully designed and built specifically to meet the needs of our therapy team and families, we are so proud of our work environment. We are lucky to have 10 therapy rooms, a huge waiting room with a spacious front desk area, 3 dedicated resource rooms, separate team/family bathrooms and a team kitchen with endless supplies of tea, coffee and sweet treats. Additionally we have underground parking, the ability to rent function rooms onsite, close proximity to the aquatic centre and local park as well being spoilt for choice in the Lane Cove village for coffee and lunch options and even after work dinner and drinks.
At Sydney Speech Clinic, our team is very important to us and are at the heart of our service. They are what drives our services and shapes our success. This is why we do whatever we can to support, nurture and provide them with a wide range of opportunities when working with us. We aim to support our whole team in the following ways:
- Life balance. This includes flexible work hours to suit your lifestyle.
- A strong career progression framework to guide you towards your goals.
- Regular development meetings to focus on YOU! Positively reviewing your own learning goals and helping you to grow your skills.
- Opportunities to be creative and develop new projects and initiatives to benefit our families, team and your own aspirations.
- Generous allowances for internal and external professional development to expand your skills and knowledge base.
- A highly supportive and dynamic Management and Administrative Support Team who respect and understand the importance of your role in the team.
We all spend so much of our time at work and therefore we want to do what we can to make the workplace environment an enjoyable place to be! The culture at Sydney Speech Clinic is best described as:
- A safe, supportive space where people genuinely look after each other
- A respectful and fair approach to all team members regardless of position in the team
- A true sense of pride in teamwork, sharing knowledge and supporting each other
- High value placed on personal and professional growth
- A sense of community and desire to educate our local communities
We are looking for team members who are innovative and dynamic and can work independently as well as being a true team player. We encourage our team to bring positivity and ‘above the line’ thinking to situations and to reflect on experiences that are challenging to help future growth. We meet weekly for team time, clinical sharing and case discussions. We value joint sessions, we love running groups as a team and we embrace collaborative goal setting and report writing for the best outcomes.
Our OT and Speech Pathology positions involve mainly clinic-based sessions with occasional local pre-school, daycare and school-based visits. The majority of our work involves providing assessment and therapy sessions as well as groups, intensives, parent workshops, screening and teaching/training in our local community. Collaborating with your speech pathology and OT teammates is essential as you will have many shared clients which allows for fantastic outcomes and holistic care.
Remuneration is well above the award and flexible work arrangements are encouraged as we understand the demands of family and the need for fun and relaxation outside of work too. We can discuss your hopes for part time/full time, flexible hours and career pathway aspirations so that you can continue to develop your clinical, team and leadership skills in a supportive team within a fabulous, bright, spacious purpose-built clinic!
Our administrative support is exceptional with a strong full-time 'A' team including IT and accounts manager, client services coordinator, client services team and our clinical director, who is also a clinician, ready to support with all clinical matters as well as helping you to develop your own leadership skills.
We dedicate ourselves to the establishment of a centre for clinical excellence and centre that leads the way in employment excellence and care towards our staff.
- Regular team-building days building our staff relationships, culture and clinical excellence
- Above award pay and generous professional development allowances
- Regular opportunities for in-house professional development and invited speakers
- Manageable caseloads of clients within your scope and interest areas
- Full-time tech support and training in the software systems we use to manage our workflow and communication channels
- Dedicated ‘development time’ to think, plan, network, research, engage in PD, receive and provide supervision
- Opportunities for project work and development of clinical interest areas
- Career pathway progression to senior positions