An 8-week program designed for children starting school in 2020!
Starting school is an exciting time for both children and parents. It is a time of huge transition and often involves months of conversations and preparation...
Getting ready for school means more than just practising just pre-literacy and writing skills. School readiness involves looking at the child's social, emotional, physical, cognitive and linguistic development... and preparing them as best we can for Day 1 in the classroom!
Sessions will be held each Tuesday between 10:30am and 11:30am.
Start date: Tuesday 22nd October 2019 (Week 2)
End date: Tuesday 10th December 2019 (Week 9)
Sessions will be held each Thursday between 1:30pm and 2.30pm.
Start date: Thursday 24th October 2019 (Week 2)
End date: Thursday 12th December 2019 (Week 9)
School Readiness groups will aim to support
- Attention and listening (whole body listening)
- Social skills development
- Early phonics skills and sound awareness
- Fine motor skills
- Language skills (understanding information and expression)
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Responding to school routines
- Executive functioning skills (planning and organising)